Creamy Tomato Fettuccine Pasta with Kayla
You can't go wrong with a classic, especially when it involves some Pasta and fresh red tomatoes.
Full of rich and bursting flavours, this creamy tomato pasta recipe from The Original Dish is a must-try.
Served al dente, Kayla has chosen a fettuccine pasta (a favourite of Franky's), which when mixed with the mascarpone and parmesan cheese, delivers a rich creamy flavour.
Creamy Tomato Pasta with Herb Breadcrumbs
Ingredients - Serves 2
- 900g Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Oregano
- 8 Garlic Cloes, Smashed
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1tsp Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 230g Cubed Baguette
- 4tsp Fresh Herbs, Chopped (Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary)
- 900g Fettuccine Pasta
- 20g Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190°c. Add the cherry tomatoes, oregano, and garlic to a large 10” cast-iron skillet. Cover with the olive oil, and season with the salt & lots of freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to combine. Roast for 1 hour until the tomatoes are soft and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, add the cubed baguette to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add enough olive oil to cover the bottom. Once hot, add the breadcrumbs. Toast for a couple of minutes until golden and crisp, stirring often. Transfer the breadcrumbs to a large bowl and toss them with a good pinch of salt plus the chopped fresh herbs. Let cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When the tomatoes have about 5 minutes of roasting left, drop the fettuccine. Stir well and cook for 1 minute less than the package’s instructions.
- Remove the roasted tomatoes from the oven and let cool for a minute or so. Discard the oregano sprigs. Transfer the entire mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth. Slowly add in the mascarpone, parmesan, and 1 cup of starchy pasta water from the pasta pot, blending until incorporated.
- Drain the pasta and add it back to the pot. Pour in the creamy tomato sauce and stir really well to combine. Over low heat, continue to stir for a minute or so until the sauce clings to the pasta. Taste the pasta and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve the pasta with the herb breadcrumbs and fresh basil over top.
Kayla's built up an impressive following across her social media accounts, where her hundreds of thousand fans, eagarly await new and tasty recipes. You can find more over on Instagram.