Dark Chocolate Cookies with Tina
If last week's Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe left you wanting more, you're in for a treat.
This week, Tina joins us in the kitchen and shares her Dark Chocolate Cookies recipe. Tina was among the first friends we made when we launched Franky's Friends; so you can imagine just how excited we were when this lovely lady wanted to share her Dark Chocolate Cookies recipe.
The best part, despite our initial thoughts, this recipe is full of good stuff. So you can enjoy them, without feeling overly guilty.
Dark Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients - Make 20-25
- 30g Pepitas
- 30g Walnuts
- 30g Sunflower Kernels
- 100g Dark Chocolate block of your choice (minimum 70% COCOA)
- 120g Butter (cubed)
- 120g Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Spelt Flour (white or wholemeal)
- 20g Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place pepita seeds, walnuts, sunflower kernels and chocolate into your mixer. Mix until you reach a fine breadcrumb consistency. Set aside for later use.
- Place butter, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla extract into the mixing bowl and blend until well combined to a smooth consistency.
- Add spelt flour, coconut flour, reserved pepita/walnut/sunflower/chocolate mixture, bicarbonate of soda, baking soda, salt and mix until well combined.
- Roll 1 tbsp of the mixture into your hands to make a ball and place it onto the baking tray. Continue doing this and then flatten them with a fork. They will flatten slightly as they cook so keep them 2cm apart.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until cookies are coloured. Allow to cool and harden on the baking tray.
- Additionally, you can drizzle them with chocolate if you like.
Along with her recipe, Tina shared her ideal setup to serve these delicious cookies. To create a fun vibe, Tina suggested serving the cookies on our Norway Dinner Plates, with the Sweden Placemats. The bright colours and unusual shapes create a fun and playful vibe that suit this delicious treat.
You can find more of Tina's recipes over on Instagram.