Crispy Skin Barramundi with Geo
In our quest to continuously share new and exciting recipe's with the community, fellow Melburnian Geo joins us in the kitchen this week as she reached out with her recipe for Crispy Skin Barramundi served in a coconut broth.
The self-proclaimed foodie has an impressive selection of recipes to try on her Instagram page; with everything from beef meatballs to a Biscoff tiramisu.
Currently in the middle of re-doing her own kitchen, Geo choose the 11pc Sweden Utensil Set in Pink as her choice of utensil set.
Her passion for food and cooking jumps right off the screen, and we're so excited to see all the deliciousness she creates in her new workspace.
Crispy Skin Barramundi in Coconut Broth
Ingredients - Serves 2
- Barramundi Fillet/s
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 150ml of Coconut Milk
- 250 Water with Vegeta Stock
- 1 Red Capsicum Sliced
- 1 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 tsp Lemongrass
- 1 tsp Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Squeeze of Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- Mix the garlic, ginger and chilli, and fry in a pot until soft
- Add the fish sauce and simmer for 1-2 mins
- Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile fry barramundi fillet skin down in a fry pan until skin is crispy
- Once skin is cripsy, add to oven on 180 degrees for 6-7 minutes until cooked through
- Add coconut milk to the pot and simmer 7. Add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, lime juice
- And fresh coriander and spring onion and simmer for further 5 minutes
- Blitz broth until smooth (you may use a handheld stick blender or a food processor)
- Put mix back into the pot and add zucchini and capsicum to broth and cook until soft
- Serve broth into a bowl and top with barramundi fillet
- Garnish with fresh coriander and fresh chilli
All of Franky's Friends have been so generous in sharing tasteful dishes, whether it be Italian inspired deserts or flavoursome curries.