Easy Spanish Rice with Sincerely Denise
One of the first friends we made in the kitchen was Sincerely Denise, her Instagram page is filled with lots of yummy inspiration that spans, dinner meals, snacks and even a cheeky dessert (or two).
Among her many recipes is her Easy Spanish Rice; a weekly staple of Denise's family.
Served on it's own, or on the side with enchiladas, enchilada casserole or tasty tacos.
Easy Spanish Rice
Ingredients - Serves 8
- 1.5 Cups long grain white rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 diced white or yellow onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Rinse the rice thoroughly
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and diced onion to fry for about 1 min, stirring occasionally
- Add the rice and allow it to fry in the pan for another min, stirring frequently so that it doesn't burn
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well
- Allow the rice to come to a boil, then lower down to a simmer and cook for 20-25 min
- Once rice is cooked, remove from heat and fluff the rice with a fork
- Garnish with chopping cilantro if desired and serve as a side to your favorite Mexican dish!
For more recipes from our talented friend, take a look at Denise's website; Sincerely Denise.